TCCA 90 -Trichloro Isocyanuric Acid
TCCA 90 -TRICHLORO ISOCYANURIC ACID
|PH (1% soln)||2.7 to 3.3|
|Solubility at 25 C||1.2 (gm / 100 gm water)|
After hydrolysis in water, TCCA will be converted to Hypochlorous acid (HOCL), which has strong microbial activity. The hydrolysis by-product, cyanuric acid, acts as a stabilizer and prevents conversion of hypochlorous acid into hypochlorite ion (OCL-) owing to sunshine and heat, which has low microbial activity
ADVANTAGES OF TCCA:
- Cost effective and stable source of chlorine Easy to handle, ship, store and apply. Save expensive cost of dosing equipment.
- No white turbidity (as in case of bleaching powder)
- Long duration of sterilizing effect
- Stable in storage - long shelf life.
- Disinfection of civil sanitation and waste water
- Disinfection of swimming pools
- Disinfection of industrial water pretreatment
- Oxidizing microbiocide for cooling water systems
- Bleaching agent for cotton, gunning, chemical fabrics.
- Animal husbandry and plant protection
- As anti-shrink agent for woolens and battery materials
- As deodorizer in distilleries
- As preservative in horticulture and aquaculture industries
Keep the container closed when not in use. Store in cool, dry and well-ventilated area, away from fire and heat. Use dry, clean clothing when handling TCCA. Avoid breathing dust, and do not bring in contact with eyes or skin. Wear rubber or plastic gloves and safety glasses.
TCCA is available in 50 kg HDPE drums